ANSWER-ME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bomerang

Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2 Empty Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:39 pm
Seems the original thread has somehow been rendered inactive (HERE) and will no longer bump to the first page when a new post is made.

I don't understand why this happens? Is there some form of censorship going on at this forum?

Anyway, hence this new thread with the same name because of the new material below.

Back in the mid-1980's Clive Ponting, was a very senior civil servant in the UK's Ministry of Defence and became famous for passing two classified reports on Thatcher's sinking of the Argentinian battleship, General Belgrano, to MP, Tam Dalyell. The Thatcher government prosecuted him under the Official Secrets Act. In his defence Ponting said he was operating in the public interest in making Parliament aware of what actually happened concerning the Belgrano. He was acquitted and had his pay reinstated.

Clive Ponting joins the growing chorus on the Skripal affair:

28 Apr, 2018 in Uncategorized by craig

This comment from Clive Ponting, doyen of British whistleblowers, appeared on my website and he has now given me permission to republish it under his full name:

I have been reading the blogs for some time but this is my first post. Like Craig I was a senior civil servant but in the ministry of defence not the fco. I had plenty of dealings with all three intelligence agencies. It seems to me that the reason none of the MSM are doing any investigating/reporting of the Salisbury affair, apart from official handouts, is that the government have slapped a D-Notice over the whole incident and it is not possible to report that a notice has been issued.
   Here is another theory as to what happened. The Russians pardoned Skripal and allowed him to leave (spy agencies have an understanding that agents will always be swapped after an interval – it’s the only protection they have and helps recruitment). In the UK Skripal would have been thoroughly debriefed by MI6 and MI5 (his ex-handler lives near Salisbury). If at some point they discovered that Skripal was giving them false information, perhaps he was told to do so by the FSB as a condition of his release, lives may have been endangered/lost. If he also was also involved in the ‘golden showers’ dossier then elements in the US would have a reason to act as well. The whole incident was an inside job not to kill him, hence the use of BZ, but to give him a warning and a punishment. The whole thing is being treated as though the authorities know exactly what went on but have to cover it up.

Addendum

I meant to add that the policeman who ‘just happened’ to be around was almost certainly the special branch ‘minder’ who was keeping Yulia under surveillance. The media are not allowed to mention the existence of a D notice.

Those of us who have been in the belly of the beast and have worked closely with the intelligence services, really do know what they and the British government are capable of. They are not “white knights”.

MOMOMO

Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2 Empty Re: Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 pm

I have also noticed that some posts that expose the lies of Western politicians disappear under the far-fetched pretext of"noncompliance with the rules of the forum." Under this formulation it is possible to sum up any post or comment.

DOPOINT

Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2 Empty Re: Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning 2

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 pm
"Probable".....this is an opinion piece....ain't worth a bucket of warm spit!
Bomerang

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Yes, yes, yes but no....

Ponting was a Ministry of Defence insider and like Craig Murray (who was FCO) has excellent insights into how matters operate. I also suspect that he continues to have excellent inside sources too, as does Murray. From what the latter has posted on hos blog there is a great deal of unhappiness amongst the Mandarin class and senior people at Porton Down with the way they have been forced to bend to the will of the government over the Skripal affair.
DOPOINT

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:42 pm
I am not sure why someone offering 2 conspiracy theories in the comments section of a blog post is "news" or anything more than nonsense.
MARKER

Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 am
Very interesting subject,
And to make our opinions even better, there is a lot of way. For example Dailydebate where when we have a social need to share our experiences and understandings with others.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum