ANSWER-ME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MARKER

Noise reduction Empty Noise reduction

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:44 pm
Hi Strangers

I just bought a new house!!

I haven't settled yet so can't really provide pics but..

I can see a potential problem with traffic noise.

It's a two story terrace right on a road with fairly heavy peak traffic and trams.

It's only 2 lanes plus tram track so it's not a roaring highway, but the house is two storys right on the footpath. no front garden.

Two potential problem areas:

Firstly, there is a 2m wide passage between my house and the terrace next door.. two high brick wall funneling the road noise to the back patio.

I was wondering how effective a 3mx2m green wall on the street end would be at reducing the sound bouncing between the walls (with a solid timber, close fitting gate inserted)

Secondly, I have leadlight casement windows and leadlights in the door off the first floor balcony. (front bedroom) I don't want to remove the leadlights with conventional double glazing as it will spoil the look of the house. Can you double glaze leadlights?

Thanks
JohnSMITHS

Noise reduction Empty Re: Noise reduction

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 pm
Gabion Noise Barrier Walls and Sound Proof Fences

Check this out, pretty simple diagrams showing 'sound shadowing'.

We're building on the side of a main road, 80kph. I'm looking at making gabion walls up, for feature and for purpose. I'm just about to post up another thread asking for opinions, somewhere where I can bounce my idea off someone.

How does this apply to you? Well, a gabion wall can be used for planting stuff in; climbers, creepers, moss etc. All the surfaces of the rocks would breakup the sound that the plants/greenery doesn't. Also looks great in blank spots where a plant might not cover well and you can see through, extra depth. Food for thought...
Admin
Admin
https://answer-me.actieforum.com

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:52 pm
Interesting wall, haven't seen it before. It's a big jump from 200 series block to 1000 mm wide wall, only practical for larger blocks...
Their diagram is a little misleading with sound shadowing. Sound travels as a wave thus it will curve around any barriers albeit at a lower intensity.
As for the OP...
The passage between yourself and your neighbour, can you do something across the full width of the passage? You ideally want something with a lot of mass that can "line of sight" out the traffic noise. A green wall I don't think would be enough on its own, it would need a solid brick wall of sorts to help take the edge off the sound. You'll still have sound curving over the wall and bouncing through, in and about the passage but the drop in intensity will be perceptible, which may be enough.
As for your windows. It may be possible to 'double' glaze your existing windows. There are a number of companies out there that will put in a perspex window on the inside of your existing window with a 'magnetic' strip. Personally I find them to look quite tacky and they're a franchise business and are very expensive. They do a reasonable job of reducing the sound intensity providing you can get a decent gap between the windows. It's all about the gap... Your standard double glazing has about 12 mm gap between the panes however it is useless for sound reduction as it'll only provide sound reduction equal to the sum of the thickness of the two panes would. Ideally you need 100 mm between the two panes to get in the order of 45-50dB reduction, which would see your 75 or so dB brought down to whisper levels. There's a bit of technical data available from the glazing companies, I've talked to a number of them for the same reason... I'd just get a real glass window and frame installed on the inside of your existing, if possible to provide the 100 mm gap of course.
Don't forget that it's only part of the solution. Once you do your windows you'll probably start to notice the sound from other places like through your floor, ceiling and walls. So your windows should be a part of your artillery against your war on sound.
My battle on sound is still in the planning stages. I am going for initial deflection with a front brick fence which will line of sight my windows from traffic. Secondly I am going for a laminate glazing solution with acoustic seals. This will provide superior sound deadening than double glazed units with 12 mm gap, quite a bit cheaper as well. Sound infiltration through the roof will be negated with sound absorbing insulation. I am benefited by double brick constructed house, which means my walls are inherently very good at insulating sound.
JohnSMITHS

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:02 pm
For your windows you want secondary glazing - not double glazing. See stopnoise.com.au

Have it at our house. Its great.

Be sure to get glass and not perspex as some companies offer.
Bomerang

Tue May 22, 2018 5:33 pm
Hi guys
In my case I just install the anti noise panel in the room, the side of the wall where the noise comes from, these noise barriers I found them on the site decorative wooden panels , they sell good materials, I advise you @MARKER
MOMOMO

Fri May 25, 2018 6:11 pm
Eco-Friendly PVC Wrapped Barrier Sheets Acoustic Fencing Prices

We believe everyone should not suffer from noise pollution and because of this belief we have made it our top priority to offer fast timely delivery of competitively priced high-quality solar products. We have outstanding quality sound proof fencing and acoustic fencing products, which allow users to be assured. Each performance indicator has reached or exceeded the national standard.

Eco-Friendly Pc Polycarbonate Sheets Acoustical Fencing Price

Products

Acoustic Fencing Anti Noise Panel Industrial Sound Fence for Construction Site
Professional Construction Barricades Fence Supply for Noise Reduction
Fencing Melbourne Acoustic Fencing Featherboard Fencing for Construction Site
Direct Factory Temporary Acoustical Fencing Construction Site Portable Safety Fence
Sound Adsorption And Noise Reduction Glass Wool Insulation Barrier Fencing

Country
São José dos Pinhais Brazil, Akron United States, Berlin Germany, Kolkata India, Kabul Afghanistan, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates, Belfast United Kingdom, Baghdad Iraq, Casablanca Morocco, Faisalabad Pakistan, Basel-Mulhouse Switzerland, Raleigh United States, etc.

They are often used in noise enclosures, event barrier hire, industrial machines, reduces noise from pumps, council maintenance sites, drilling rigs and pile drivers, minimize noise in large festivals, improve working conditions for employees, and so on.

We are looking forward to forming successful business relationships with new clients around the world in the near future. If you have any new product ideas or concepts, please contact us.

Tag: acoustic fence panels cost, heras fencing scotland, sound proof fencing residential, sound attenuation fencing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum